The Heart of God
Prayer Sunday – March 6, 2016
Gracious Lord and Heavenly Father as we approach your throne of Grace we thank you that you are “The All Powerful Creator of the Universe”
- The heavens are telling of Your Glory; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
- Your voice Oh Lord is upon the waters; Your glory thunders, You alone are over many waters.
- Your voice is powerful, and majestic.
We are thankful that “You are all knowing of every aspect of our lives”
- You have search us and known who we are and what we believe.
- You know when we sit down and when we rise up; You understand my thought from afar.
- Such knowledge is too wonderful for us; we I cannot attain to it.
Your Spirit is everywhere and because of that you:
- Guide us, Protect, Comfort and Search out our hearts.
- There isn’t a place where we can go from Your Spirit? Or flee from Your presence?
- We Thank You that you are the God of Loving-kindness, Faithfulness and Righteousness
- Your loving-kindness, extends to the heavens, Your faithfulness reaches to the skies.
- Your righteousness is like the mountains of God; Your judgments are like a great deep.
- How precious is Your loving-kindness, O God!
Our Response is to have A Thankful heart – overwhelmed with your Love and Provision.
- We give thanks to you Lord with all our heart; we tell of all Your wonders.
- We give thanks to You, O Lord my God, with all my heart, And will glorify Your name forever.
We want to have Open Hearts, ready to be examined by you
- Examine us, O Lord, and try us; Test our minds and hearts.
- Know our anxious thoughts;
Our hearts are expectant, trusting you to meet his needs
- We Delight in you Lord; because You give us the desires of your heart.
- We Commit to our ways to You, and Trust you.
We have Repentant Hearts for you Lord.
- You Create in us a clean hearts, And renew a strong loving spirit.
- The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; A broken and a contrite heart, O God, You will not despise.
Lord we strive to have Humble Hearts – that give us balance of our self image.
And have Dependent Hearts – Believing that you alone sustain us.
- You are a refuge for us, A tower of strength.
- Let us dwell in Your tent forever; Let us take refuge in the shelter of Your wings.
- Mental Center - The heart knows, understands, reflects, considers and remembers.
- Emotional Center – It’s the seat of joy, courage, pain, anxiety, despair, sorrow and fear.
- Moral Center – God tries the heart, sees the heart, refines the heart, searches the hear
More in EBC Blog
May 26, 2017Men - If You Have an Appetite for Christ then Stay Hungry
March 27, 2017“AND CAN IT BE?” a blog by Lou Koncsol
February 3, 2017Peacocks or Buzzards: which do You Prefer?